Summer University in Prague 2018 – Central Europe and the European Union
In cooperation with CIFE (Center International de Formation Européenneú), we invite you to a Summer University in Prague on "Central Europe and the European Union". The Summer School will be held at our college on September 23 - 29, 2018. Lectures by the top Czech and foreign experts. The lectures will be held in English.
The CIFE programmes are of short duration (usually a week long) and take place over the summer months in various European countries. Their main objective is to allow students, researchers and young professionals to deepen their knowledge in the fields of European integration and international relations and to increase their understanding of the problems faced by modern society as a consequence of international developments.
Students can generate 4.5 ECTS Credits (European credits transfer system)
CIFE is a private institution of higher education and research, founded in 1954 with its head office in Nice and branch offices in Berlin, Brussels and Istanbul.. Every year, students from all continents and a great variety of countries enroll in its 4 programmes, which lead to a degree at Master level.
Application or any questions, please use the email of Mgr. Jiří Š. Cieslar: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The fee for Czech listeners is CZK 2,500 (fee includes lectures and seminars). The fee for foreign students is 450 EUR (including accommodation and meals).
Main themes and lecturers
- The European Defense Policy | Madeleine Hubin, HEC Liège (B)
- The Neighborhood Policy | Madeleine Hubin, HEC Liège (B)
- Euroscepticism in Central Europe | Roman JOCH, Civic Institute in Prague (CZ)
- German Europe or Euroepan Germany | Alexandr Vondra, frm. Minister of Defence (CZ)
- Euro-Atlantic Relations and CE Perspective | Alexandr Vondra, frm. Minister of Defence (CZ)
- Russia and the European Union | Tomáš Pojar, frm. Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs (CZ)
- Renewable Energy Sources in Central Europe | Adam Kapella, French Embassy in Poland (FRA)
- The Role of Transnational Cooperation | Radu Gorincioi, EUSDR (RO)
- The Visegrad Group | Cyril Svoboda, frm. Minister of Foreign Affairs (CZ)