110 00 Prague 1
- Associate Dean for Research, JE Purkyne University, 2013-present
- Lecturer, University of New York in Prague, 2001-present
- Associate Dean for Student Affairs, University of Economics, Prague: 06 to 13
- Department of Economics, University of Economics, Prague: 03 to 13.
- Liberalni Institute, Prague: Research Fellow, 97 to 06.
- Ph.D. (Economic Theory and History of Economic Thought, 2004), University of Economics, Prague
- M.A. (International Trade, 1999), University of Economics, Prague
- B.A. (International Trade, 1996), University of Economics, Prague
Selected Grants & Honors
- The Young Economist of the Year for 2000, a prize awarded by Czech Economic Association
- Rector’s Award for Prestigious Publication of 2011, awarded for Economics of Economics
- Czech Science Foundation, PI (2009-2011, 1.3m)
Selected Academic Publications
- “Czeching Oswald´s Puzzle: Evidence for the Homeownership-Unemployment Nexus in the Czech Republic”, Transformations in Business & Economics, Vol. 14, No. 3, 2015, pp. 173-186. Co-authored with Dominik Stroukal.
- “The Economics of Being Stupid: A Note on (Ir)rationality in Economics”, E&M Economics and Management, Vol. 17, No. 2, 2014, pp. 4-13.
- Economists and the Minimum Wage Laws, Lambert Academic Publishing, Saarbrucken, 2013. Co-authored with Tomáš Jirásek.
- “Sozialstaat: Die Sicht der Okonomie” in Stellner, František. Kapitel aus der Geschichte des Sozialstaates. Frankfurt am Main: Peter Lang, 2012, s. 9–20. Co-authored with David Lipka.
- “Czeching the Czechs: Consensus and Dissention among Czech Economists“, Prague Economic Papers, Vol. 16, No. 4, 2011, pp. 366-380.
- Economics of Economics: Why Economists Aren’t as Important as Garbagemen (but They Might Be), Instituto Bruno Leoni, Torino, 2010.
- “Czech Economists on Economic Policy: A Survey”, Econ Journal Watch, Vol. 7, No. 3, 2010, pp. 275-287.